WEEKLY BULLETIN NOTICES
* If you or someone you know are faced with an unplanned pregnancy and considering abortion please know that there are numerous resources available to you. To start connecting with local resources, or simply to have someone to talk to, please call ; 1-800-366-7773 or go to https://prolifeacrossamerica.org and please see additional resources below.
St. Agatha Parish has had a strong Pro-Life presence for many years. This includes; In the mid 1990's the St. Agatha Knights of Columbus Council commisioned the beautiful Memorial To The Unborn that stands just north of the main entrance of the Church. Its inscription reads, "In Memory of the Millions of Unborn Babies Whose Lives Have Been Ended by Abortion". For several years the Parish Altar Society has held a Mother's Day donation drive for The Mother and Child Education Center. And in 2010, with the blessing of Fr Slider Steuernol, the Parish Respect Life Team was started.
The Respect Life Team's goals include; helping to spread the Gospel of Life, offering understanding and clarity to the Church's teachings on God's gift of life and providing outreach to those in need. These are reflected in the team Mission Statement; "The St Agatha Respect Life Team is committed to promoting the Gospel of Life in our parish and our community through the spiritual disciplines of prayer, study, outreach and apostolic witness."
The Respect Life Team holds a monthly Rosary for Life as well as a monthly meeting. Please see the bulletin for dates and time. (And please note that both have been temporarily postponed due to the Corona Virus pandemic.) Everyone is welcome! In addition, the Respect Life Team offers information in the weekly bulletin. This includes updates on prolife issues from church leaders, resources for those considering abortion and details on local prolife activities.
If you would like more information and if you have questions or comments please contact;
Randy Stewart. email@example.com
Barbara Griffin. firstname.lastname@example.org
Chuck McDonald. email@example.com
There are many resources available to help with prayer, education, outreach and especially to help those in need. Below is a partial list:
Resources for those considering abortion:
* Mother and Child Education Center; Connecting, educating and supporting parents during pregnancy and early infancy. Free and confidential. 503-249-5801. http://momchildpdx.org * Holy Family Clinic; Offers comprehensive, compassionate, life affirming health care, including Natural Family Planning and Abortion Pill Reversal. 503-994-4353 www.holyfamilyclinic.com
* Pregnancy Resource Centers; Provides help for unplanned pregnancies with a caring and professional staff. 503-777-7097
* Stand Up Girl; Are you pregnant, scared, overwhelmed? You are not alone. This is a pregnancy support network that can provide help and counseling. www.standupgirl.com
Outreach and Apostolic Witness:
* 40 Days for Life Prayer Campaign to End Abortions; This is an international campaign that offers an opportunity for Our Lord to use our prayers to save lives and change hearts. Since the Portland campaign started in 2008 there have been over 100 babies saved from abortion at Portland area 40 Days for Life prayer vigil sites. www.40daysforlife.com * Walking With Moms in Need; This is a program started by the US Catholic Bishops that includes local resources. It is a year of service where Catholic parishes and communities "walk in the shoes" of local pregnant and parenting women in need. Everyone should know how to help moms in difficult circumstances. https://www.walkingwithmoms.com
RESPECT LIFE TEAM Randy Stewart (Chair),
Copyright 2011 © St. Agatha Parish & School
ST. AGATHA CATHOLIC CHURCH